Last updated: September 2nd, 2021
Section 1. Information Collection
What We Collect. We may collect information that can be used to identify you (“personal information”) when you interact with the Website or Mobile Apps. Depending on the specific web page of the Website or Mobile App you are using, personal information may consist of your name, current job title, company address, email address, telephone and fax numbers, correspondence with you, which newsletters you subscribe to, and other information you provide to us.
We do not usually collect sensitive personal information (i.e., data relating to race or ethnic origin, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, political opinions, medical or health conditions, or information specifying the sex life or sexual orientation of an individual) from users. We will, where necessary, obtain your explicit consent to collect and use such sensitive personal information.
Mobile App Collection. When using a Mobile App, in addition to contact information, we may also collect personal information relating to your devices, including your device model, operating system, browser type, unique device identifier, IP address, mobile phone number, mobile network carrier, location, and the way you are using the Mobile App. The personal information collected will depend on the functionality of the specific Mobile App you are using. If any other personal information is collected in connection with your use of a Mobile App, such personal information will be specified in the Mobile App.
Where We Collect It From. We may collect personal information about you from various sources, such as:
- Directly from you when you use the Website or Mobile Apps, such as when you register for an account or reach out to us.
- Social networks (e.g., LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter). For example, you may log into your account by using your social network account credentials. We may then collect the username associated with that social media account and any information or content you have permitted the social media network to share with us, such as your profile picture, email address, and birthday. The information we collect may depend on the privacy settings you have with the social network site, so please review the privacy statement or policy of the applicable social network site. When you access the Website through your social network account, you are authorizing us to collect and use your information in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
Our service providers and other third parties. The Website may also collect content that you provide, including information on forms you elect to complete to receive content from us such as whitepapers, postings on blogs, forums, wikis and other social media applications and services that we may provide.
Section 2. Log Information, Cookies and Web Beacons
Most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to be notified when you receive a new cookie, and how to disable existing cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of all of the features of the Services.
Section 3. How We Respond to “Do Not Track” Signals
"Do Not Track" is a preference you can set in your Web browser to let the websites you visit know that you do not want them collecting information about you. The Website does not currently respond to a Do Not Track or similar signal. We do not engage in the collection of personal information about your online activities across third-party websites or online services and we do not allow third parties to collect such personal information when you use the Website.
Section 4. Information UseWe may use personal information we obtain about you to:
- Provide you with the products and services you request through the Website and Mobile App.
- Send you any information or materials you may request.
- Respond to your questions and comments and provide customer support.
- Register or create a user profile on the Website or Mobile App (e.g. to gain access to specific content, attend a hosted event, respond to a survey or request communications about specific areas of interest). In such cases, the personal information you submit may be used to manage your request, manage our relationship with you, or customize and improve the Website, Mobile App, and related services offered to you.
- Send you promotional materials or communications regarding services provided by us that we feel may be of interest to you.
- Operate, evaluate, and improve our business and the services we offer.
- Seek feedback on services provided by us or for market or other research purposes.
- Protect our rights or property and that of our users by protecting against fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims, and other liabilities.
Other Uses. We also may use the personal information we obtain about you in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
You may request at any time that we discontinue sending you marketing emails, or other communications generated in response to your registration on the Website or Mobile App.
Section 5. Disclosure of Information to Third PartiesWe may disclose aggregated information about our users without restriction. We may disclose personal information about you:
- To third parties in order to respond to your requests or inquiries; to prepare to provide services or provide services; or where those parties handle information on our behalf.
- In relation to Mobile Apps, to mobile carriers, platform providers, as well as any other entities described in any particular Mobile App in connection with the operation of the Mobile App.
- To law enforcement, regulatory or other government agencies, or to other third parties, in each case to comply with legal, regulatory, or national security obligations or requests.
- To enforce or apply our other agreements.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Ideal State, users of the Website or Mobile Apps, or others.
- With your consent.
All of these disclosures may involve the transfer of personal information to countries or regions without data protection rules similar to those in effect in your area of residence.
BY PROVIDING INFORMATION THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR MOBILE APP, YOU ARE CONSENTING TO THE DISCLOSURES DESCRIBED ABOVE.
Section 6. Blogs, Forums, Wikis and Other Social Media
Section 7. Privacy Practices of Third Parties
This Privacy Statement only addresses the use and disclosure of personal information by Ideal State through your interaction with the Website and the Mobile Apps. Other websites or mobile apps that may be accessible through links from the Website or Mobile Apps may have their own privacy statements and personal information collection, use and disclosure practices. We encourage you to familiarize yourself with the privacy statements provided by these other parties prior to providing them with information.
Section 8. Access to information
If you choose to register with the Website or Mobile App you may access your user profile, correct and update your details, or unsubscribe at any time. If you decide that you no longer wish to have your third-party social network site account (e.g., LinkedIn, Facebook, or Twitter) linked to your profile on the Website or Mobile App, you may change your account settings at any time. If you have any problem accessing your profile, or would like to request a copy of your personal information, please contact us. In all cases, we will treat requests to access information or change information in accordance with applicable legal requirements. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Section 9. Special Notices to California Residents
In response to California law, if you are a California resident, you are entitled to request information concerning whether your personal information has been disclosed to nonaffiliated third parties for their direct marketing purposes. We do not share your personal information with non-affiliated third parties for such purposes.
Section 10. Information Security
We have in place reasonable commercial standards of technology and operational security to protect all personal information provided by users via the Website or Mobile Apps from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. Our website is hosted by HubSpot. Please note that the electronic transmission of information is not completely secure. We cannot guarantee that the security measures we have in place to safeguard personal information will never be defeated or fail, or that such measures will always be sufficient or effective. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk.
Section 11. Changes to Our Privacy Statement
We may modify or amend this Privacy Statement from time to time at our discretion. When we make changes to this Privacy Statement, we will amend the date at the top of this page and such modified or amended Privacy Statement shall be effective as to you and your information as of that revision date. We encourage you to periodically review this Privacy Statement to view any updates.
Section 12. Children's Privacy Protection
We understand the importance of protecting children's online privacy. The Website and Mobile Apps are not designed for or intentionally targeted at children 13 years of age or younger. It is not our policy to intentionally collect or maintain information about anyone under the age of 13. If we obtain actual knowledge that we have received such information, we will take steps to delete it.
Section 13. Questions
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your privacy while using the Website or Mobile App, please contact us.